1. Bow to the center of the mat when you enter.
2. Bow to the center of the mat when you exit.
3. Keep a respectful posture in the dojo.
4. Classes begin with a formal bow to the instructor with students lining up in descending grade order.
5. Classes end with a formal bow to the picture of Grand Master Carlos Gracie Senior and then to the instructor.
6. During class, when the instructor is demonstrating the techniques, every student must sit in seize.
7. For safety reasons, if you are late for class sit by the side of the mat and wait for the permission from the Professor.
8. For safety reasons, if you need to leave the mat or leave earlier you must ask permission from the Professor.
9. Bow to your partner before and after practice.
10. Talking should be kept to a minimum level and should relate to the class subject.
11. Absolutely no foul language inside the school.
12. Keep fingernails and toenails short for everyone’s safety.
13. All students must wear the official Gracie Barra uniform. The uniform pants and top must be the same color.
14. It is mandatory to wear the official Gracie Barra black rash guard or training shirt underneath the kimono.
15. The uniform must be clean at all times. A dirty uniform is a sign of disrespect.
16. The uniform must be worn at all times.
17. When tying the uniform, face the wall.
18. The belt represents your progress. Keep it on.
19. Refer to black-belt instructors as “Professor” and to Carlos Gracie Jr. as “Master.”
20. All metal objects, jewelry, piercing, necklaces and other items should be removed.
21. No shoes, food or drink on the mat.
22. No cell phones in the dojo area.
Try one or all of our programs for free now!
Don't take our word for it. Why not try an Intro Session on us?
If you like it, we can put you into a program designed to suit you whether you are considering competing, self-defense, losing weight or general fitness. We have great programs and great instruction.
What have you got to lose? Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (832)-632-1397 to schedule that free and life changing lesson.